What types of loan programs are available?
We offer a 30 year fixed rate loan with down payment assistance on the following loan products:
- FHA – 203(b), 234(c) & 203ks (lenders must have an additional approval from U.S. Bank HFA Division to originate 203ks loans)
- VA Loan for Veterans
- Rural Housing Guaranteed Loan
- Rate/term refinance loans are not available at this time
How do I become a lender?
Lenders must be approved by U.S. Bank HFA Division to participate in the REI Home100 Program. US Bank serves as the Master Servicer and purchases the loans associated with the Home100 Program. Interested lenders should contact:
***Third Party Origination is not allowed***
What are the first mortgage interest rates?
REI Down Payment Assistance will post first mortgage interest rates by 9:00 a.m. Central Time daily on the lender portal at www.reihome100.org. All loans must be delivered and purchased by U.S. Bank within 60 days of rate lock. A one-time extension can be purchased if needed. Please see the program summary, via the link at the bottom of the page, for detailed information.
How does DPA work?
The down payment assistance is in the form of a gift and is based on a percentage of the total first mortgage loan amount.
- Amount of assistance is 3.5%, 4.0%, or 5.0% of total first mortgage loan amount (determined by the lender).
- The funds may be used to fund up to 100% of the borrower’s cash requirement to close, including the down payment, closing costs, pre-paid items and other related mortgage loan fees and expenses. No portion of the gift funds can be paid to the borrower unless the borrower is being reimbursed for an overage of his/her earnest money deposit to the extent the minimum borrower contribution has been satisfied.
- REI will table fund the gift funds at closing
See the program summary and income guidelines, via the links at the bottom of the page, for more detailed information.
What is the minimum credit score?
All borrowers MUST have a minimum representative credit score of 640 when using an automated underwriting system. See the program summary, via the link at the bottom of the page, for manual underwriting guidelines and alternative credit requirements.
What are the underwriting, credit score, and DTI guidelines?
Does the borrower have to be a first-time homebuyer?
No, there is no first-time home buyer requirement. Please see the program summary, via the link at the bottom of the page, for more detailed information.
Does the borrower have to take a home buyer education class?
Home buyer education is recommended, but not required.
Are there income restrictions?
- FHA & VA – The borrower’s qualifying income must not exceed Program Income Limits. Click this link to see Income Limits.
- Rural Development Loans – Income is based on Adjusted Household Income per Rural Development’s Guidelines. Income limits can be found at the following link: https://www.rd.usda.gov/files/RD-GRHLimitMap.pdf
Lenders will be responsible for ensuring that the income meets program guidelines.
Are Seller concessions allowed?
Yes, 6% seller concessions are allowed.
Does the borrower have to pay back the gift?
No, the borrower is not required to pay back the gift upon sale or refinance, it is a true gift to the borrower.
What are the lender compensation, fees, and purchase?
Please review the program summary, via the link at the bottom of the page, for compensation, loan fees, and purchase requirements.
How long does the process take?
Lenders should be able to close a loan in the same amount of time it takes to close a traditional mortgage loan.
Can the borrower receive a gift for investment property?
No, the borrower must utilize the gift on their primary residence.